We are heading straight to the heart of summer, when days are getting hotter and keeping an UV Protective Compact Foundation in our makeup bags for quick touch ups seems like a life (makeup) savior especially since we are talking SPF 30 protection. Shiseido’s Artistic Director, Dick Page gives us a few tips about how to keep a flawless, fresh and natural looking makeup even when the temperature rises.
The prettiest summer look. Nothing too precise, nothing too strong. Just the feeling of chic, young, healthy, dynamic beauty. – Dick Page, Shiseido Artistic Director
- Unify your complexion with the UV Protective Liquid Foundation which will protect your face with its SPF30. You should not hesitate to put it also through your neck.
- Sculpt your cheekbones with the UV Protective Stick Foundation in a darker shade that you normally use. Apply on cheekbones and stretch towards your temples.
- Use the Nourishing Mascara Base before your Perfect Mascara Defining Volume to make it water resistant.
- Keep a light touch for the eye and lip makeup with Shimmering Cream Eye Color in Yuba (BE217) and Lacquer Gloss in Debut (BE102) (review, swatches, photos).
- To have an overall tan, add a drop of your Sheer & Perfect Foundation into your body lotion.
I like to replace the Yuba shade with my favorite Konpeito Shimmering Cream Eye Color (review, swatches, photos) which really emphasizes my green eyes and I also like to use it as an eyeshadow base. As foundation I prefer the light texture and natural coverage of Shiseido Sheer & Perfect Foundation SPF 15 (review, swatches, photos) but I also got Shiseido UV Protective Compact Foundation which I admit lays untouched in my makeup drawer but I will definitely give it a chance right this week.
What products are you using for a light and natural makeup this summer?