If you remember last week I’ve posted a preview about Kinetics Change It Up! Spring 2010 nail polish collection. If you did read the post then you will probably guess that my first review will be dedicated to Rosebud nail polish and you will know why. 🙂
Rosebud is one of the seven nail polishes included in this spring collection. Matte One Night top coat is the product that completes this collection. It was design by the people at Kinetics to mattify any nail polish for unique finish effects.
Kinetics Rosebud nail polish – without top coat
Rosebud is a vibrant beautiful pink shade, just my favorite shade of pink, very sweet and creamy.
Price and Availability
Check out more nail polish colors and collections at Kinetics
US price: between $ 6.70 – $ 8.10
Europe price: between Eur 5.30 – Eur 6.30
After the jump check out more photos with Rosebud + top coat, Rosebud + Matte One Night mattifying top coat, Rosebud nail polish after 5 days of testing.
What I like about Rosebud
- The color is gorgeous, is no doubt about that. Oh well if you love pink shades you will definitely love this one.
- The price seems pretty good to me and if you are from Europe you already know that here prices are much higher than in US. We’ll just have to accept that.
- The creamy texture goes well with this color.
- With or without top coat the color is shiny so you need to apply the top coat only if you want the polish to resist longer.
- It looks great as a matte color. Matte One Night top coat mattifys the color and I’ve also notices that is making it a little more pale, but I love it.
- It resisted on my nails for 5 days but I must admit the result was better on the nails that I’ve used Matte One Night top coat.
Rosebud polish + top coat
Rosebud polish + Matte One Night top coat
What I don’t like about Rosebud
- The application was a living hell. The brush is to much for this 15 ml bottle, it’s just simply to thick and picks up to much product. You’ll have to be very careful when you’ll apply this color.
- I needed 3 coats to even the color and in this case I would still blame it on the brush. I came up with the idea of trying a different brush from a different polish only later and 2 coats were more than necessary.
- On the nails where I’ve applied a simple top coat, the polish looks more chipped then on those where I’ve applied Matte One Night top coat.
Rosebud nail polish 5 days later
I’m pleased with the result of my right hand nails where I’ve applied Matte One Night top coat because as you can see the polishes resisted much better then my left hand nails where I just applied a normal top coat.
Rosebud polish + top coat – 5 days later
Rosebud polish + Matte One Night mattifying top coat – 5 days later
I hope you enjoyed reading this review. Please let me know what do you think about this color and how would you prefer to wear it: shiny or matte?