We all have those days when we woke up in the morning we look in the mirror and we discover a fresh new pimple. These situations don’t happened to me very often, but when they do they kind of kill my day. For these kind of problems and even for others acne problems more severe I found a strategy. Out there are products designed to help us defeat the acne problems, we just need to look for the good ones.
The other day I was reading a post about How to Treat Post-Acne Scarring and I decided to develop this idea and talk to you about all the products that I have tried concerning this problems. Let me know in your comments if you have any other ideas about products that can help us fight the acne and their scars and even those red spots or pimples.
If we just keep some rules in mind and follow them we can diminish the apparition of pimples and win the war against acne. So here are some steps that helped me in those situations and I hope to be helpful for you too.
- Don’t sleep with your makeup on! It’s essential that your skin is perfectly clean during the night. You can use a makeup remover product that also has antibacterial action, morning and evening.
My recommendation: Try the Solutions Plus Pure Pore – Fection Self – Foaming Cleanser from Avon ( 150 ml) with bamboos and bisabolol extracts. It’s an oil-free product that will give you a tingly clean feeling. Cleanses deep down to remove dirt and make-up, leaving skin feeling refreshed and energised.
- Clean the pores! For this you will need a mask specially created to reduce and prevent the apparition of pimples and dark spots.
My recommendation: Use twice a week, Clinique Oil-Control Cleansing Mask (19,50 $ for 100 ml), the new acne solution. This clay-based mask will help heal your blemishes, prevent breakouts and also will keep your skin shine-free. This is a good mask to use even for those ladies who don’t have acne problems but have an oily skin like mine, because its medicated formula gives your skin a deep clean, unclog pores and rid skin of excess oil. Anyway it’s a mask designed for all skin types so it can’t have undesirable effects on your skin. All the process takes me about 7 minutes, while I apply the mask evenly on my face ( avoiding the eye area), then I wait 5 minutes and after I rinse off thoroughly with warm water. My skin feels smoother and clearer after this. I also like it because it has an oil-free formula and it won’t irritate my skin.
Another great facial mask that I love and I’m currently using is Clinique Turnaround – 15 Minute Facial mask, and you can check out my review for more details.
- Disinfect the area! Another mandatory step, because it helps you keep away from infections the affected areas. Sink a cotton pad in purifying solution and gently wipe off the skin ( avoiding the eye area), insisting on the pimples. Do this procedure every morning and evening after you’ve removed your makeup and don’t rinse after application. The best are the lotions which contains in their composition salicylic acid.
My recommendation: Try Vichy Normaderm Purifying Astringent Toner ( 16$ for 200ml). It will eliminate the impurities and sebum excess and will visibly tightens pores for a more even skin texture. Normaderm Purifying Astringent Toner contains active ingredients ( glycolic acid, salicylic acid and Vichy Thermal Spa Water ) and has a fresh water texture. I also liked it because is non-sticky, non-greasy and has a herbal and fresh floral note.
- Hydrate the problem area! Because you are treating your complexion with all kind of products that give a deep cleansing to the pores, you will need also a little nourishment. Is not true that if you use creams you will never get rid of pimples (proof is that even very dry skin is attacked by the acne, not only the oily one). It’s important to use a light formula which will treat in the same time.
My recommendation: You can try Garnier Skin Naturals Pure A Daily treatment moisturizer ( 9$) perfect for women of all ages. This moisturizer has an ultra light texture that will penetrate the skin instantly leaving a pleasant and refreshing sensation. Garnier Pure A treatment contains cucumber essence, salicylic acid and zinc active ingredients that rids the skin of impurities everyday. These ingredients are also known for their purifying and regulating properties. After using it you skin will be purified, refined and feeling soft and comfortable.
- Go directly to the target with products that can treat.
My recommendations: Boots Tea Tree + Witch Hazel Spot Wand (5,70 $)- a dual ended spot applicator either day (protects) and night (treats). The anti-bacterial tea tree oil will help calming your skin while the Witch hazel will make your skin look clearer and healthier. It’s a soap free and pH balanced product that will fight spots instantly. You can see that the package looks like a lip gloss applicator, which makes it easy to fit in your purse so you can apply it anywhere.
I also like Garnier Pure Daily Purifying Pads because the contains the maximum concentration of salicylic acid and dries the imperfections.
- Allow the skin to breathe! It would be hard to give up your makeup, so I won’t tell you this. In exchange, I will suggest you to use a foundation with a light texture which uniforms the complexion, but it does not choke it.
My recommendation: Maybelline New York Dream Satin Liquid ( 13$ ) is a liquid mousse foundation available in 8 shades. This air-whipped foundation will help your skin looking completely poreless, because the liquid blends on to transform the look of skin from flawless to impeccable even coverage.